When people design small rooms in their homes, they often think of buying an L-shaped sofa because these sofas are actually one of the best options for providing more seating in your room without eating up too much of the space. One of the biggest benefits of these sofas is that are very trendy and thus it is common to find them in most homes, around the world. There are many pros related to this kind of sofa but that being said, such sofas are not without their cons as well. You need to take the pros and cons into consideration before getting an L-shaped sofa for your home.
The pros of L-shaped sofas
- Though this kind of sofa might appear to be on the bulkier side, it is actually an excellent option for small rooms as it provides a lot more seating with much more limited space.
- These sofas are very economical if the price per seat is taken into consideration. This kind of sofa can actually seat a lot of people and it turns out to be much cheaper than buying a sofa seat with the same seating capacity.
- These sofas can be refreshed with ridiculous ease. All one needs to do is to change the upholstery and then add a few cushions to add a whole new look to the living room
- This sofa is designed in such a way that it can also function as a comfortable day bed. This means, that the sofa can also easily be used as an extra bed when the homeowner needs to accommodate a lot more guests than he or she was previously expecting
- One of the best ways to ensure that the living room remains clutter-free would be by buying an L-shaped sofa with storage
- Such sofas can create very modern looks in the living room which makes them excellent choices for casual seating
The cons of L-shaped sofas
- Many homeowners tend to avoid and ignore these sofas and this is mainly because such sofas are not flexible and it can prove to be very challenging for people who often like to change the overall layout of their rooms
- Another significant con associated with these sofas is that they really aren’t suitable for all types of rooms because sometimes passage around the sofa is required for purposes of daily cleaning. On other occasions, the area behind the sofa might need to be accessed for different reasons.
What are the different designs available in the segment of L-shaped sofas?
Over the past couple of years, the design of the L-shaped sofa has changed drastically. In today’s day and age, these sofas are available in leather and fabric. Further, there are plenty of other formats in which these sofas are available. If you hire a professional carpenter, you can get these sofas customized to suit almost any design under the sun, be it rustic or country, or minimalistic.
What are the different types of L-shaped sofas?
Let’s have a look at some of the different types of L-shaped sofas that are available in the market in today’s day and age.
- The classic L-shaped couch
- Cushion-backed L-shaped sofas
- L-shaped sofas with recliners
- Sectional L-shaped couches
- L-shaped sleeper sofa
Here’s how you can choose the best L-shaped sofa for your room
- In today’s day and age, almost all models of L-shaped sofas in the market are packed with a wide variety of features. Some models have a pull-out bed built in them and the other models have hidden storage. If you look around enough, you might even manage to find sectional L-shaped sofas with built-in corner tables.
- Before buying any sort of L-shaped sofa, it is very important to measure the area to get a good idea of all the dimensions in the room including the amount of space that you expect the L-shaped sofa to occupy. Further, you need to place the sofa strategically to ensure that the sofa doesn’t in any way cause interference to the movement of people within the room.
- Over and above all of this, you need to decide for yourself as to what you actually need to make your living room a lot more functional. You need to decide whether you need more storage or an extra bed and when you have been able to get those answers then you can consider your choices of either getting an L-shaped sofa with storage under the seats or sectional couches or an L-shaped sofa set.
Here’s how you can arrange your L-shaped sofa
Your eventual choice of arranging the sofa will depend on the size as well as other dimensions of the room. If you intend to decorate your living room all over again while working with a stringent budget, then you must go for an L-shaped sofa. You can consider the following options for arranging your L-shaped sofa.
· Put in the corner of the room
· Place it against a wall
· Use it to section out a large room