There are more and more synthetic wigs being sold today. Most budget-priced wigs are made from synthetic hair. While these can seem like great deals, there are some major drawbacks to buying synthetic wigs. The biggest problem of all is the fact that they will not look or feel like real human hair.
1. What Is Human Hair and What Can It Be Used for?
Human hair is a form of connective tissue that grows from follicles found in the dermis. Unlike synthetic fibres, human hair is shed and re-growing constantly throughout our lives. Each type of hair has specific properties that can enhance one’s quality of life. Fortunately, there are natural alternatives to warp and fining synthetic fibres that can offer quality and a true look to one’s appearance.
A natural wig to consider is Swedish Kvedorf. While this wig is typically worn by women, it can be worn by men as well. It is named after its creator, Kvadmin, a Swedish writer and poet. Kvedorf has a warm, smooth texture that takes minimal touch from the head, and it runs in natural colour patterns. It holds a resemblance to real hair and can be styled to complement any colour and style of hair. In addition, natural fibres do not fray or fall out, and they much stay tangle-free.
Swedish Kvedorf wigs are primarily made from sustainable materials like:
While some people have the issue of finding these natural fibres, many companies make the wigs available. Typically, they take a cut of the sales price and most of the time send you a bag of hair to try out. You can easily switch colours, styles, and durability of your wig to find the best fit for you.
2. Why Buy a Real Human Hair Wig?
The biggest advantage of real human hair wigs is that they give your hair a natural look and feel. The hair is soft, manageable, and can be styled like normal hair. Synthetic wigs are made from plastic fibres and can be uncomfortable and irritating, especially during hot weather. They also look artificial and tend to tangle easily.
Another major drawback is how they do not last. Synthetic wigs are rarely washed and don’t last as long as their natural counterparts. They can last about 4–7 wash cycles depending on the head size of the wig owner and how often they wash the wig over the years.
In comparison, natural human hair wigs will last up to 50 wash cycles. If the wigs are well-transparent, they can go as many as 100 wash cycles. Natural hair wigs will lose their natural vibrancy fairly quickly, usually within three to six months. If your hair tends to blow up or curlies a lot, it can last up to 3 years, although in the United States, they’re still recommended to only last between 6 and 9 months before washing.
If you’re interested in buying Real Human Hair Wigs UK, Cosmetic is here to offer you a wide array of human hair wigs to choose from so you can have the look you’ve always wanted.
3. How to Tell if Your Wig Is Made of Synthetic or Real Human Hair?
Here are some ways to tell if your wig is made of synthetic or real human hair:
1. Feel the wig. If the texture of the wig is similar to the texture of your hair, then the wig is probably made of real human hair.
2. Check the ends of the wig. You will also notice that the wigs with curls in them will have naturally straight ends. Cheek wigs have the curliest ends and they are made of synthetic hair.
3. Touch the wig. Does the fabric feel similar to your skin? If it does, then the wig is probably made from synthetic hair.
4. Look at the placement of the wig. Does the wig sit right under your eyebrows, or is it higher up on your forehead, at the crease of the nose, or where you most see your forehead? Wigs with straight hair in the hairline will end up reaching between the eyebrows. Synthetic wigs that have straight hair in the hairline usually end up going over the temples.
5. Always check colour. If there is blue in the hair or blue in the hair/wand, then the hair is not made out of real human hair. Sometimes there will be micro-parasites present in wig hair, however, this is much rarer than with human hair.
It is impossible to tell if wigs are made of a human hair (made from real, living human hair) simply because they are advertised as such; there isn’t any proof of this. Furthermore, people sometimes use other materials, such as synthetic fibres in their wigs to save on costs. And since these materials are more difficult to clean and tend to be heavier, these items can require more care and handling to maintain their quality.
4. How to Care for Your Real Human Hair Wig So That It Lasts as Long as Possible?
Wigs are fickle creatures. They are made out of synthetic or human hair fibres and can get damaged or break if you don’t take care of them correctly. Here are some tips for taking care of your real human hair wig so that it lasts as long as possible:
• Treat your wig like your own hair. This means wash it often and keep it out of the washing machine.
• Wetsweep your wig to remove debris and dead cells from the surface of the wig. This is to avoid infection and fungus growth.
Wigs can get dirty fast and tangle easily in their ends. To prevent this from happening to your wig, pump it once or twice a week. Using a flannel or absorbent pad helps to make sure simply wiping it away won’t do the trick.
If you have more time on your hands, simply blow-dry your wig or gently rub it with a hairdryer. Those with dry skin could also try using a hairdryer or heat gun for more effective handling of the product.
If you’re not ready to use it at home, some traditional wigs may still be wearable. However, your wig is simply a human extension and you should be treating it as such. Treating your wig like a dress is a simple solution to avoid damage and premature wear.
There are many benefits to buying a real human hair wig over a synthetic one, including the fact that they look and feel much better, and they last much longer than their cheaper synthetic counterparts. While most wigs today are made from acrylic or polyester fibres, some companies still want to produce a wig from the natural fibre alternative, silk. Silk is supposedly the hairiest fibre available, and if you search online you’ll find prices that can reach thousands of dollars.